Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hello! starting to learn tanking:) got some questions.

I'm guessing you are in a guild? Do you raid on another spec?
I ask because, your guild should help you. What guild wouldn't want a backup tank?

It's how I started too...I used to melee dps on my dk, but eventually started tanking when we lost a tank.

I found it very hard at first, but now I love it. IMO, it's much harder to do than dps and healing and can be stressful. But it is an awesome feeling to be in command!

5 mans are great training grounds. Try to run them with friends who will forgive any errors. We tanks can be very sensitive.....criticism can hurt a lot and may put you off for life if you just do randoms!

What I found hardest was learning to handle large groups of mobs....it just takes practice. I use ELV UI which shows threat levels on target frames...remember to press V if you can't see them.

Also, the first raid boss for us this expansion sucks for tanks. It can be tricky to get right......talking about the stone guard here. Takes a lot of coordination with the other tank(s). As a tank, you will have to work very closely with your tanking partner.

I would also recommend running some older content as practice. Firelands or Dragon Soul would be good places to practice.

Good luck in your journey!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment