Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Queue: Different Stella

Welcome back to The Queue, the daily Q&A column in which the WoW Insider team answers your questions about the World of Warcraft. Mike Sacco will be your host today.

Just wanted to give a quick thank-you to everyone who commented here or emailed me last week about the passing of my cat, Stella. I really appreciate the kind words even if I can't reply to all of you individually. Here's a different Stella, but still a silly one.

LithiumX asked:

On my horde main I received the title of Champion of the Naaru during BC. It is my favorite title I have, so I use it on all my Horde characters. I decided to make a new character on the Alliance to experience their lore and stories. Why is it my Alliance characters do not have access or the ability to use Champion of the Naaru title,? Did Alliance have a different title for that quest chain?

To my knowledge, titles become available to characters when they reach the level at which the original achievement could have been earned. For Champion of the Naaru, that would be 70, so once your new character hits level 70, they should be able to flaunt the title all they like.

jeremy.yamashiro asked:

I just got my alts finally geared to do the 5.0 LFR raids. I've tried taking him to the isle of thunder, and it could just be my carelessness, but he does a lot trying to quest there. I hope they implement some other way to get Elder Charms because his gearing is slow with no bonus rolls. Perhaps heroic dungeon bosses could have a chance to drop them at the end and everyone can greed roll for it.

The best and easiest way to get a boatload of charms is to join in when a group is killing rares on the Isle of Thunder. One of them is bound to give you a key to the treasure room scenario. When you do it, don't even bother trying to speed through -- open every chest in the first room and you'll get a good number of elder charms (I got something like 14 on my best run).

GregMahoney asked:

Well what the hell is Kul Tiras then? Isn't t a sunken kingdom that we're waiting to return to? I don't know really cause I'm horde and our schools don't cover alliance history.

To everyone's knowledge, Kul Tiras survived the Cataclysm. We just haven't been there or heard from them in a while.

GearJin asked:

If Ahn'Qiraj is a former Titan research facility, one which formerly housed C'Thun, why have we never tried opening the top doors to it? Instead, we went through a hole, through a series of tunnels that sometimes hit a portion of the facility, but that is it. Wouldn't there be the chance of great mysteries in there as well, like Ulduar and now the Vale before it?

Rossi and/or Anne can correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure Ahn'Qiraj was never a titan facility -- it was just a qiraji city that happened to house C'thun. The War of the Shifting Sands was fought to keep C'thun from emerging via some kind of magic. Titans had nothing to do with it.
Have questions about the World of Warcraft? The WoW Insider crew is here with The Queue, our daily Q&A column. Leave your questions in the comments, and we'll do our best to answer 'em! Tags: featured, guide, qa, question-and-answer, wow-answers, wow-daily-answers, wow-daily-questions, wow-guide, wow-player-questions, wow-q-and-a, wow-questions

Filed under: The Queue


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment